01. The Oprah Speech. You all know my love for her runs deep. Her speech brought it to a new level. She was poignant and classy and spoke to the political climate without actually getting in it (such a difficult thing to dance around while still saying so much) and it was just a really moving speech. She’s a good woman. I’m not even talking about Oprah 2020 like I’ve heard whispers of around the internet. I’m simply saying her speech was really wonderful and I would’ve loved to have been in the room to witness it live.
02. These leggings. If you’re going to commit to working out, it’s nice to have a few things you love wearing when you do. These are my new favorite leggings (by my always favorite brand). They’re high waisted which I love and so comfortable. I got a bunch of compliments on them during mountain climbers too. (JK about the compliments coming during mountain climbers.)
03. This book. Guys. Ten days into the New Year and so far I’m making good on my resolution to read more actual books. Finished The Reader!!! I’m patting myself on the back big time, and will probably fail for the rest of 2018. Anyway, it was incredible, heartbreaking, and makes you a bit sad in that heavy life-gone-wrong way. I’m still suggesting you read it, because it’s an incredible story, but it isn’t light. (P.S. The movie is good too.)
04. Dew Skin. I plan on doing a longer post about my make up routine these days, but wanted to give a shoutout to this that I’ve been using a lot lately. I’m normally feeling like I need coverage in the winter, but I think my skin is enjoying my current products because it’s clear enough to use this (and a little of the concealer pen for under eye and the bridge of my nose) for coverage alone. It’s got a sort of glowy finish plus is really hydrating and has vitamin C for brightening and age spots. I didn’t love it immediately but now I do. Go figure. (P.S. It’s got SPF, and when in doubt, No. 2 works for almost everyone.)
05. Jerry before Seinfeld on Netflix. Speaking of, WHEN (why hasn’t this already happened?) will Seinfeld–all seasons–be available on Netflix or Amazon??? We’ve got Friends, Frasier, we don’t have Seinfeld?!??