Today is Saint Patrick’s Day–a day in which my largest percentage of ancestry is given a free-pass to eat Irish potatoes, drink green beer, and say things like, “Kiss me, I’m Irish!.” I’m about 50% Irish, so I’ll eat half a potato, drink half a glass of green beer, and just say, “Kiss me.”
William was asking if he was Irish this morning. I said I didn’t think so. He said,
“Well, are you?”
“Yes, yes I am.”
“Well, then I am too.”
“No, William. It doesn’t quite work like that.”
“What do you mean?”
“My genes weren’t passed to you.”
Though William, when it comes to your good looks, I will take credit, if that’s alright.
suck it ahnika. look what we gettin’.
no, it’s not going to be within walking distance… and yeah, i might eat it while snow falls, but still.
(just so you all know, ahnika attempts to get us to move to santa barbara. it is a distant dream. and to tempt, she will regularly update me with santa barbara’s gorgeous weather (complete with text message pictures of her thermometer) on massachusetts’ dreariest days. ain’t she sweet?)
but like i said, who needs california now?
The Liberty of London stuff has arrived at Target. I saw one commercial for it–the colorful flowers swirled and twirled all over my TV screen beckoning me–and I knew I’d have to check it out during my once a month (or twice?? Who’s to say, who’s to say?) Target trip complete with the consumption of one while-browsing-personal-pan pizza-and-maybe-small-Coke-Icee-to-top-it-off.
Well, check it out I did. And it is just as lovely as the commercials promised.
Some purchases were made. Nothing for me though! I feel proud saying that. But, something for the house, hubby, and the littlest girl. And people, here they are.
- when william and lindsey finish the 2% milk moments after its arrival in the house and then i am forced to eat my cereal with steve’s skim milk (which is creamy blueish tinted water. it is not milk).
- hearing commercials like i did last night on the radio: “multi-room DVRS! no one has to wait any longer to watch their show. you want to watch something, your kids want to watch something. no more waiting!” what ever happened to patience? waiting your turn? what ever happened to non-instant gratification? is there any character building going on when one never has to wait for what they want anymore?
- when i lack motivation to go work out. yes, that new year’s resolution… not going so well.
- when gracie gets up at 6:30 am and starts playing with her collar (we take it off the night before for quiet’s sake) so that all the tags clink together and then i can’t go back to sleep.
- when bloggers whose posts are like my morning coffee take a week off. come back soon cjane.
- having one nostril clogged while you try to sleep
- dust/dirt inside
- having less than 10 minutes to get ready to go work out because you kept thinking of small annoyances
What a cop-out. I didn’t post all day and now I am posting to ask for help. But, here I go anyway.
I tried the directions here but couldn’t get it in the order column, posts, column (it was column, column, posts). Once in layout version, it wouldn’t let me click and drag columns to be on the right side of the posts, in case that’d be your suggestion. It also didn’t use the whole page, so everything sort of shrunk.
I know I could play with numbers all day and perhaps get it how I want, but the whole thing makes me a little nervous and the Edit HTML area is like Greek to me. No, worse. Mandarin Chinese.
I really want to keep my posts as big as I already have them (the pictures mainly) while getting three-columns. Is this allowed?
Do I need a web-designer?
Thank you Elizabeth for your help so far!
In the meantime, enjoy this picture that has absolutely nothing to do with this post.
- Zoe’s was risky (and I think she’s getting worst dressed in some places) but I liked it. She is gooorgeous.
- And Cameron Diaz wore red lipstick – what more can one say?
- Sandra Bullock looked good too.
- Kathy Ireland was an odd pick to host the red carpet… the whole thing was, well, odd.
- Was George Clooney actually pissed or was that a shtick? Maybe it was because he realized his movie didn’t really deserve all the nominations it was getting?
- Finally Mariah Carey sort of toned down the boobs. Only sort of.
- Maybe Rachel McAdams and Jake Gyllenhall would make a good couple (I like Reese though but it appears that they’re all done).
- Where were Brad and Angelina? I count on seeing them. Angie always looks good.
- I didn’t see the Hurt Locker, but I’m disappointed Avatar didn’t win.
- I’m happy for Sandra Bullock, but Meryl Streep as Julia Childs was fab-u-lous.
- Molly Ringwald seemed like she hadn’t been in the spotlight in years. Breathe girl, breathe.
- I liked seeing Ducky from Pretty in Pink though (click that–best Ducky scene evah).
- Overall I thought this was a sort of boring Oscars.
- Can’t wait for next year!