1. Summer humidity… if for no other reason than summer hair. Instead of blowdrying and trying to fight it, I’m just working with the humidity and letting it air dry. I’ve had a bunch of you direct message me like, “woah, curly hair?” and yes! I guess I do have sort of curly-ish hair–particularly in this weather. Others have asked what I’ve been using. Over the years it’s changed a bit, but what I’ve been using pretty exclusively this summer (and one of my favorites for the smell alone) is this sea spray. I just towel dry, spray it, scrunch, and go. That is truly it. It’s nice because doing my hair is probably my least favorite thing about the getting ready process. If I ever drag my feet to shower it’s because inevitably hair comes next. (Second least favorite getting-ready activity is doing my eyebrows. Is that weird? I hate doing them.)
2. This Instagram account. I so appreciate IG accounts that have a pretty sweet setup but are also transparent about the tough stuff and how all is not as it seems all the time (while also admitting that it can be and is often pretty awesome). This fits the bill, plus some crazy beautiful scenery too. Have I mentioned I am quite literally chomping at the bit to get to British Columbia? I’m pretty sure I have.
3. Probably these pajamas that we all need that are also on sale. I’ve wanted a pair like this–the sort of two-piece old school pajama forever and I still don’t own any. Almost yearly, usually wintertime, I put them in my cart at J.Crew and then decide against them because they’re too expensive and I can’t spend that much on pajamas.
4. The Alex Somers Captain Fantastic soundtrack. Will I stop talking about this movie? No. Never. Don’t ask again.
5. This zucchini ricotta galette. I usually stay away from anything dough/baking related in my cooking. Even when I make a chicken pot pie I use puff pastry. But this looks so good and I love zucchini in the summertime. Should I attempt it? How hard is this dough? Better question, who will make this for me?